maanantai 2. maaliskuuta 2009

a Life my size

Sometimes when we think about the life ahead of us, it may even feel a little scary. Am I really gonna be able to do all the things that are out there waiting for me? Or as a christian; Am I really gonna be able to live the life God has planned for me? You know, if there is a purpose for me being here, as I believe there is, and if I (somehow accidentally :) even happen to find out what it is, am I ever going to be good enough to fulfill that "great plan"? Am I ever going to be good enough for those boots that are reserved for me, and for me only? If I´m made to do great things, or if I´m made to do smaller things, things that matter anyway, Can I somehow ruin the whole thing? What if I´m just not up to it? What if I´m just not good enough? What if someone else could do it better?

But.

Then. I thought about Cinderella. Yep. Cinderella. You all know the story, and how the Fairy Godmother makes those glass slippers for her and how she leaves the other slipper on the stairs of the palace in her haste when hurrying back home.

So, what has that got to do with real life?

Well, let´s think about us as Cinderellas. I´m the Cinderella now. (yippee!! :) And Let´s think about God as that Fairy Godmother, and the glass slipper made for us being our life. The life made for us, planned for us, the life we´re supposed to live. And let´s think about God also being the Prince in this story. ( u know, god works in many ways.. :)

So, God the Prince desperately wants to find the one fit to wear that slipper. To wear those boots. To do these certain things there are to be done. And no matter how many people try that slipper on, it just won´t fit. They just aren´t the right people to do those things. They have other boots to wear, other things to do, but they just can´t live the life that was made for you. For you only.

So, as long as the cool and handsome Prince doesn´t find me, there is no-one able to wear that glass slipper. There is no-one to play that part. There is no-one to be the Princess of this story. Of this life.

But if, and when, I finally get the courage to tell the Prince that: "hey. I´d like to try that slipper on!" I will find out if fits perfectly. Why? -Because it was made for me. Just for me. So I will find out I can play my part perfectly, live that life perfectly, or at least a way better than anyone else could. They wouldn´t get even close. And why? -Because that life was planned for me. For me. JUST for me.

So, if there is a life waiting for me and things waiting to be done, both that I was designed to handle perfectly, why the heck would I be even a little bit worried about how I´m gonna do? I mean, the only thing to be done is to find that Prince with the glass slipper of my life, and hey! I don´t even need to do that.. I just have to call on Him and He will find me. Too easy.
So I´m just gonna take that slipper from Him, try it on, step into those boots. And I´ll find out they fit me perfectly. Why? -Because it is my life. Designed especially for me.
A Life my size.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti